Termechi Employment Law Group Represents Victims of Wrongful Termination
When an employee is terminated for a reason that is not related to work performance or is not otherwise legitimate, the employee may have a claim for wrongful termination. Although in California, employees without an employment contract generally can be terminated with or without cause at any time, employees cannot be terminated for any reason that violates a public policy or state and/or federal laws.
Although not every unfair reason for firing is a wrongful termination, common reasons for a firing that may be unlawful include:
- The employee refused to break a law
- Discrimination on the basis of age, race, national origin, gender, disability, medical condition, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or other protected classes
- Retaliation for reporting or complaining about any kind of unlawful discrimination or harassment, including sexual harassment
- Retaliation for complaining about or “whistle-blowing” on violations of the law, including violations of workplace safety regulations or wage-and-hour violations
- Taking medical leave, such as disability leave
- Requesting reasonable disability accommodations
- Reporting an employer’s illegal actions, such as fraud, to government authorities (i.e., whistleblowing)
If you have been wrongfully and unlawfully terminated by your employer, you have the right to compensation for damages, lost wages and benefits and for emotional distress. In some cases, terminated employees may also be entitled to punitive damages.
The employer does not necessarily have to terminate the employee for wrongful termination to apply. An employer’s conduct may have the legal significance of terminating an employee. When an employer causes working conditions to become so intolerable and an employee quits his or her job in response, the employee’s resignation may be treated as termination, also referred to as “constructive discharge”. The attorneys at Termechi Employment Law Group have experience successfully litigating a $15 million constructive discharge lawsuit.
Why Choose Termechi Employment Law Group?
- Absolutely no out out-of-pocket fees. We strive to make legal representation available to all workers in California by offering it on a contingency fee basis.
- We have successfully litigated numerous multimillion-dollar lawsuits. We have genuine case results.
- The Los Angeles employment attorneys at Termechi Employment Law Group have years of experience specializing in labor and employment law.
- We are not a “mill” law firm: Unlike what you may find at larger mill firms, you will speak directly with Mr. Termechi, the lawyer in charge of your case.
Call our Beverly Hills Wrongful Termination Lawyers for a Free Consultation.
We can help you evaluate your options and advise you on how to pursue the maximum possible relief. Contact our office in Los Angeles at (310) 974-3324 or send us an email to speak with one of our experienced Los Angeles wrongful termination lawyers.
You have rights as a worker, and we will uphold them. There is no risk to meet with us. We get paid only if we win your claim.